Established in 1984, TRS Staffing Solutions (TRS) supplies professional, engineering, technical and non-technical personnel on a temporary, contingent and permanent/direct hire basis.
Specializing in the supply of professional, engineering, technical and non-technical personnel to the Maritime industry on a temporary, contingent and permanent/direct hire basis.
We are experienced in sourcing high-quality personnel across, operations management, project management, electrical, design, purchasing, ship management, crew management, offshore management and commercial roles at all levels of seniority.
Specialisms in maritime include the following disciplines:
- Project Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Health & Safety
- Information Technology
The industry sub-sectors we work in:
- Ship Building
- Ship Broking
- Ports & Terminals
- Maritime Law
- Maritime Security
- Electrical & Electronics
- Ship Repair & Conversion
- Naval Ships/ Defence
- LNG/LPG Shipping
- Maritime Insurance
- Boats & Yachts
- Classification Societies
- Ship Design & Engineering
- Commercial Shipping
- Shipping Finance
- Maritime Training
- Offshore Supply Vessels (OSV)
- Commercial Manager
- Project Manager
- Engineering Manager
- General Counsel
- Ship Repair Manager
- Technical Superintendent
- Operations Superintendent
- Program Manager
- QHSE Manager
- Risk Manager
- Ship Building Director
- Shipyard Manager
- Chief Executive Officer
- Sales & Marketing Manager
- Procurement Director
- Design Manager
- Freight Forwarding Manager
- Chartering Manager
ISO aligned recruitment processes for both contract and direct hire staff cover the full requisition to billing cycle:
Tailored services to meet every client’s need
We understand the competitive challenges and disruptive nature of the business environments our clients must operate in today. Our services are designed and tailored to solve any staffing challenge that may arise, they cover:
- Filling temporary talent gaps to ensure business efficiency is maintained
- Providing a contingent talent content that is scalable, diverse and cost efficient
- Filling direct talent needs to bring innovation, creativity and expertise to the business
- Partnering with client internal HR to support volume hiring needs, improve recruitment efficiency and cost
- Freeing up internal client resource, reducing cost, risk and improving business efficiency from managing: staffing supply chains, compliance and payroll needs
- Equipping clients with a workforce strategy to identify the ongoing and future choice, quality and cost of their staffing needs.
We offer flexible and scalable pricing models based on the volume and content of services needed.
C-level Leadership Executive Search
Client: A large shipyard for new building & repairs in the UAE approached TRS to conduct an executive search campaign for their c-level leadership positions.
Requirement: The search was for two executives with specific skill sets to bring into the business & shape their leadership team in the capacity of Chief Operations Officer & Chief Commercial Officer.
General Management Executive Search
Client: A global ship owner & operator of 100+ vessels approached TRS to conduct a confidential search campaign for a general management position in an isolated location.
Requirement: TRS & their client held detailed discussions & briefing on the issue that they had & after consultation, a clear mandate was agreed moving forward. TRS was to search & select a candidate for the position of General Manager.
Shore-Based Staff Recruitment Campaign
Client: A shipowner & operator of offshore vessels approached TRS in need of support in multiple locations for shore-based staff.
Requirement: The client required assistance on searching & selecting candidates both on the operations & technical side. TRS offered to provide a solution in order to identify & select the candidates the client were looking to target for their business.
Logistics Staff Recruitment Campaign
Client: A regional third party logistics company approached TRS in need of numerous staff across their logistics organization.
Requirement: A number of positions were identified as key hires & TRS was tasked in finding profiles with specific experience along with being able to fit within budgets set out.
Workforce Solutions designed to deliver fixed cost staffing over your period of need
We design and implement client workforce solutions. Clients choose this service as it gives them a fixed price model ensuring budget cost certainty over their period of need.
A workforce solution is flexible, including all or any of the following:
- Securing employment compliances, e.g. letters of invitation, visa, permits, licenses
- Processing new hires through the pre-mobilization cycle, e.g. documentation, medicals, training, travel and accommodation needs, etc.
- The on-boarding of new hires using a tailored presentation package that covers: Client Policies & Procedures, Health and Safety (including incident and emergency management), and Administration, HR & Payroll information.
- Ongoing full-cycle HR and logistics support, e.g. onsite presence, rotas, meet and greet, local travel & accommodation/subsistence, de-mobilization, etc.